Tuesday 5 February 2013

A box for Ideas

Yesterday the lovely children's illustrator Jane Porter posted a blog: A suitable repository for ideas  about being inspired by Allan Ahlberg to create an 'ideas box'. Somewhere to store all those ideas and thoughts which might have potential to become something more.



I thought this was an absolutely brilliant idea, especially as i have been revisiting old sketch books for inspiration recently, how much more convenient to have all those ideas i really like in one place without having to spend hours trawling and for them to be able to mingle and get mixed up.

Also, what a great excuse to glam up one of the zillion boxes i seem to have hoarded. I did this last night using some of the decorative papers and old photocopies which have been hanging about in my 'research' folders since university and quite a bit of PVA glue.


I've made a start by putting in some of the doodles and scribbled thoughts which have been cluttering up my desk space. I'm quite excited to see what inspiration comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment